The Nature of Animal Healing
A pioneering revolutionary prescription for the health and long life of your pets
For two decades, Dr. Martin Goldstein - one of America's most successful, renowned holistic veterinarians - has healed and helped his animal patients with the same natural therapies that benefit humans. The results have been so astounding that today critically sick pets are brought to him from across the country for a new chance at life and health.
In this compelling, very accessible book, Dr. Goldstein explains exactly what holistic medicine is and how it works. By treating the root of a health problem instead of its symptoms, you too can help your animal to regain and maintain its own health, as nature intended. Dr. Goldstein also shares many remarkable true stories of supposedly terminally ill animals who have recovered to full wellness. Inside you'll discover:
• Why our animals get sick, even when we strive to give them the best of care
• An exhaustive A to Z guide of pet ailments - and the best course of action
• Why vaccines can do more harm than good
• The link between diet and disease - and how the right diet can not only prevent disease but reverse it
• How acupuncture, homeopathy, chiropractic, and other alternative options work - safely and painlessly - to restore true health
• Specific guidance for the use of herbs, supplements, and natural remedies
• The good news (and the bad) about cancer in animals - including extraordinary new treatments and potential cures
• Coping with the inevitable death of your pet - both physically and psychologically
Plus - a comprehensive resource guide for holistic pet care including: veterinarians, product manufacturers, books, newsletters, magazines, associations, and more!
"This book gives you chapter and verse on how to help your pet live a long, happy, and healthy life… Highly recommended."
—Dr. Andrew Weil
About The Author:
Dr. Martin Goldstein's Smith Ridge Veterinary Center is in South Salem, NY. He earned both his B.S. and his D.V.M. from the Cornell University. He was certified in veterinary acupuncture by the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society in 1977, and in iridology in 1981. He has many happy and healthy dogs and cats, all of which are living proof of the philosophy contained in this book.