Breeder membership is open to anyone who breeds pure bred dogs which are pedigreed and registered with any bone fide registry and/or people who are breeding dogs and working towards breed recognition.
Breeder Membership includes but not limited to:
- Promotion of what you do in your breeding programs and practices.
- Access to an advisory service on topics such as administration, management, policies and procedures, regulatory requirements and breeding related topics.
- Connection to a dynamic network of dog owners, breeders, canine rescue and canine professionals for the exchange of experience and information
- Community acknowledgement that you are an MDBA Breeder and that you have agreed to a voluntary code of conduct .
- Referrals to our members and the general public.
- MDBA Member certificate.
- Access to the MDBA private sections of the website and forums
- Your logo displayed in the breeder membership section of our website.
- Member discounts and opportunities for attendances at member social events and seminars.
- Further education which gives you the opportunity to gain canine breeding, animal care and husbandry knowledge.
- A united voice in influencing regulators and professionals on issues of concern via debate, policy formulation and lobbying
- Ability to profile your dogs and your prefix in our member directory
- Ability to register your puppies on the MDBA registries
- Free MDBA membership for your puppy buyers.
- Access to a broad range of resources and tools to help you to care for your dogs and manage your breeding activities.
- Use of MDBA Breeder logos and stationary.
Becoming a Breeder Member
Becoming a member of the Master Dog Breeders & Associates has many steps. It is not a simple click-and-pay system. There are two reasons for this, firstly to make you think about the reasons you want to become a member and secondly, because we have high standards.
Below you will find a brief explanation of each of the stages and more complete information and instructions will be given to you as you progress with your application.
The membership is broken into 6 distinct stages. They are:
1. Acceptance of Code of Conduct
3. Submitting of Biography
Acceptance of Code of Conduct
This is probably the single most important part of the joining process, which is why we ask you to do it before all else.
Think carefully before agreeing. Membership in the MDBA was never intended to be for "everybody". Only those who genuinely agree to our code of conduct should apply.
Click here to be able to view the Code of Conduct applicable to your membership.
This is where you fill out your details, including contact details (for mailing of membership kits, and so we can contact you if need be for more information), and if you are an established breeder, the name and contact details of two past puppy buyers. This requirement will not apply if you are a beginner.
Submitting of Biography
Resume for Master Breeders
One of the most important facets of joining the MDBA is to explain exactly what you are trying to do or accomplish in your breeding or wish to accomplish if you are just starting out.
This is something that only you can tell us, and it's a question that with very few exceptions has no right or wrong answer. There is no easy way for you to get this message across to us. You're just going to have to write it down.
Suggested points to cover include:
- Problems faced and how you coped
- Areas of weakness in your breeding and/or experience
- Areas of strength (As you see it)
- Greatest achievements
- Greatest disappointments
- Tell us what would you like to get out of your membership in the MDBA
We will not be judging you on spelling, grammar or literary ability. What you have to say is far more important than how you say it.
No person outside of the faculty of the MDBA will view the completed document. No information contained within will be shared with any person outside of MDBA faculty. Your privacy is as important to us, as it is to you.
Once all the steps have been completed correctly your application will be reviewed by the Board of Management before you are accepted as a member. Until your application has been accepted you will not be able to log in to the secure area of the web site.
Once you have been accepted,[usually within 14 days] you will be notified and informed that your payment for membership is now due. You will then be advised to complete payment for the relevant membership category you have been approved for.
Once payment is received you will be given access to the member's areas of our website and sent a member pack.
When you decide on a payment method you will be given complete instructions on how to complete your payment. We advise all members to please use their first initial and surname as identification to assist us matching you to your payment.
The breeder code of conduct is found here
The current Breeder Membership fees are found here
On line Member application form is found here