Login/register

Search Site

Professionals Code of Conduct

I will provide conscientious care for the animals entrusted to me, being constantly attentive to their security, safety and well-being, and to place their welfare above all other business considerations.

I will take every opportunity to learn more about my profession and to improve my services. I will continue to acquire additional skills and knowledge by keeping informed of advances in the field of my employment.

I will deal honestly and fairly with the public, and I will not misrepresent my services either knowingly or unknowingly.

I will respect the confidentiality of my customers.

I will place service to my customers and to my industry above personal gain.

I will avoid unfair competitive practices, slander and defamation of my competitors including actions or business practices which would result in dishonour upon, or distrust of, my competitors or of my industry in general.

I will never contribute to, or participate in any way, to unethical breeding, breeding practises or breeding for the sole purpose of profit. I will enrol as an MDBA Breeder member and comply with the breeder code of conduct before I breed a litter.

I will be respectful of, and co-operate with other professions and trades which operate within the pet industry.

I will abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws governing animal care and to my profession.

I will operate my business in such a manner as to reflect honour upon my industry and within my local community.

I will encouraging responsible pet ownership and strive to advance and cultivate a harmonious relationship between members of the dog owning community and the non dog owning community. I will do this by exemplifying responsible dog ownership and accountability in turn promoting increased public awareness.

Shopping cart

x 
Cart empty