Professional membership is open to any professional group or individual who has dogs or their owners as their primary clients.
Professional Membership includes but is not limited to:
- Promotion of the services you offer in your canine related business.
- Access to a dynamic network of dog owners, breeders, canine rescue and canine professionals for the exchange of experience and information.
- Community acknowledgement that you are an MDBA professional member service provider.
- Referrals to our members and the general public.
- MDBA Member certificate.
- Access to the MDBA private member sections of the MDBA website and forums
- Your logo and business displayed in the professional membership section of our website.
- Member discounts and opportunities for attendances at member social event.
- Further education which gives you the opportunity to gain animal care and husbandry knowledge.
- A united voice in influencing regulators and professional on issues of concern via debate, policy formulation and lobbying.
Becoming a Professional Member
Becoming a member of the Master Dog Breeders & Associates has many steps. It is not a simple click-and-pay system. There are two reasons for this, firstly to make you think about the reasons you want to become a member and secondly, and standards of joining our membership are high.
Below you will find a brief explanation of each of the stages and more complete information and instructions will be given to you as you progress with your application.
The membership is broken into 6 distinct stages. They are:
1. Acceptance of Code of Conduct
3. Submitting of Biography
Acceptance of Code of Conduct
This is probably the single most important part of the joining process, which is why we ask you to do it before all else.
Think carefully before agreeing. Membership in the MDBA was never intended to be for "everybody". Only those who genuinely wish to agree to this should apply.
Click here to be able to view the Professionals Code of Conduct.
This is where you fill out your details, including contact details for mailing of membership kits, and so we can contact you if need be for more information.
Submitting of Biography
Resume for Master Professionals
One of the most important facets of joining the MDBA is to explain exactly what you are trying to do or accomplish in your profession or wish to accomplish if you are just starting out.
This is something that only you can tell us, and it's a question that with very few exceptions has no right or wrong answer. There is no easy way for you to get this message across to us. You're just going to have to write it down.
Suggested points to cover include:
- Problems faced and how you coped
- Areas of weakness in your breeding and/or experience
- Areas of strength (As you see it)
- Greatest achievements
- Greatest disappointments
- Tell us what would you like to get out of your membership in the MDBA
We will not be judging you on spelling, grammar or literary ability. What you have to say is far more important than how you say it.
No person outside of the faculty of the MDBA will view the completed document. No information contained within will be shared with any person outside of MDBA faculty. Your privacy is as important to us, as it is to you.
Once all the steps have been completed correctly your application will be reviewed by the Board of Management before you are accepted as a member. Until your application has been accepted you will not be able to log in to the secure area of the web site.
Once you have been accepted, you will be notified and informed that your payment for membership is now due. You will then be advised to complete payment for the relevant membership category you have been approved for.
Once payment is received you will be given access to the member's areas of our website and sent a member pack.
When you decide on a payment method you will be given complete instructions on how to complete your payment. We advise all members to please use their first initial and surname as identification to assist us matching you to your payment.
Online Member Form here
Find Current Professional Membership Fees here.