Moving to the Stud Registry from the Foundation Registry.
An application to advance from foundation to Stud Registration status must be at least one year since the initial presence of the breed in the Foundation Register. An application form accompanied by a processing fee is to be forwarded to the MDBA executive.
Criteria to be met at this time include:
- At least 80 dogs of the breed have been registered in the Foundation Register with a 4 generation purebred pedigree.
- At least 35 litters of the breed have been registered
- At least 10 MDBA members in good standing from at least 2 different Regions are on record as owning dogs of the breed.
- There are at least 50 entire dogs with at least 4 generation pedigrees registered with the MDBA foundation registry which are judged to be prime examples of the breed description and capable of breeding true to the description. The breed description may be amended at any point up until final approval for inclusion as a recognised breed is completed.
- An authenticated copy of the final Breed description and requirements with written approval for the use of this material dated as at time of final submission for final breed approval.
- The parent club has maintained continuous contact with the MDBA sending documentation of conducting of club business and activities.
- There has been a continuous enrollment of litters and dogs in the MDBA Foundation registry reflecting ongoing interest in the breed and a commitment to maintaining accurate pedigrees.
-The breed club must submit its breed registry for entry into the MDBA Foundation Registry prior to the breed moving to the Main Stud Registry.
- The application is approved by both the MDBA Genetics and Rules Committees
At the time of breed recognition acceptance will be upgraded into the main stud registry and formal MDBA breed recognition will be announced.