Pedigree Acceptance Criteria
The MDBA will accept pedigrees that contain the following information:
- The name of the attesting organisation, with the logo if there is one,
- Contact details and address of the attesting organisation
- The name and signature of the registrar or other authorized person
- Name of the breeder (often defined as the owner of the female at the time of the animal's conception or birth).
- The individual animal's registered name
- The individual animal's Registered number
- The individuals animal's date of birth,
- Names and registry numbers of other ancestors, to the number of generations required by the issuing organisation
- Each animal on the pedigree with the exception of those recognised by the registry as purebred with at least 4 generations past any infusion must be notarized as to how many generations the animal is past any infusion.
- Each animal on the pedigree must have a name which is listed with the registry applying for approval
- Each animal on the pedigree must have a unique number issued by the registry applying for approval